Phyllis Pendergrast, DMD PC
After many years in my profession I still genuinely enjoy what I do as a dentist. Over the years, I have had the opportunity to meet so many wonderful people, and the friendships that I’ve built with my patients and their families are very special to me! It has always been my focus to make each patient feel at home when people come to me for treatment, and I work hard to give my patients the attention they deserve.
I received a Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology from Georgia Southern University and Piedmont Hospital School of Medical Technology. I received a DMD (Doctor of Dental Medicine) from Georgia Regents University.
By actively participating in continuing education, I am able to stay current on the latest technology and dental treatments. My patients deserve the best, and continuing education enables me to provide my patients with more options and better results. I regularly participate in a Spear Education study club with local dentists and specialists and attend classes at the Spear Education campus in Scottsdale, AZ.
I am also a member of several professional organizations, and have been active in organized dentistry for many years:
- Life Member of the American Dental Association, previously served on the Council on Membership, and on the Reference Committee on Licensure
- Alaska Dental Society, Past President
- Alaska Board of Dental Examiners, Past President
- Western Regional Examining Board, Past Examiner and Past President
- International College of Dentists, current Alaska Deputy Regent
- American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Academy of General Dentistry
- UAF/CTC Dental Assisting/Hygiene Advisory Board Member
- UAA past adjunct faculty, Restorative Program
Family and Community
Even when I’m not at the practice, I am still surrounded by happy, bright smiles! I spend most of my free time with my family: my husband Charles Lemke, my son Asa, and of course my daughter and associate Dr. Hannah Summerfelt!
I am blessed to be part of such a wonderful community, and I believe strongly in giving back to those who have given so much to me over the years. Every year, I work with local charities and nonprofit organizations to host fundraisers and sponsor various events.
- Interior Mayors' Art Recognition Volunteer of the Year, 2012
- Fairbanks Symphony Association board member
- University of Alaska-Fairbanks volunteer and patron
- KUAC (UAF television/radio) sponsor and volunteer
- UAF Museum of the North
- Fairbanks Concert Association
- Opera Fairbanks
- Fairbanks Drama Association
- Fairbanks Light Opera Theater
- Various Fairbanks youth sports teams